FIM2010-Extension DLL Name Length Errors

I had an error on a client site where I kept getting “Stopped-Extension-DLL-Load” errors on my console. After some research, I found a few items which were interesting (such as not building in the proper .NET framework revision, etc) however, nothing that seemed to apply to my situation.

The client was using a very long DLL name that conformed to their development standards of using the namespace as the DLL name. It appears to be an issue limited to the length of the DLL name itself as the path was only about 85 characters long total including the name space based DLL (well below the Windows path length restriction of 260 characters).

Shortening the name of the DLL worked fine. We didn’t test it down to the overall length of the DLL name however, less than 37 characters seemed to work fine (not including the extension “.dll”).

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Forefront Identity Manager 2010. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s